technique/ possible outcomes

The technique


The technique I have found requires very simple means and tools. It is a way to transform the plastic bottles using water and sand. Depending on the parts of the bottle used, it is possible to get a great diversity of little modules such as rings or wavy strips, tubes, balls etc.

The whole technique can be separated into different stages:
1) Chopping the plastic bottle into bits
2) transform them using water and sand
3) Using them in the structure of a piece of jewellery

Samples of outcomes produced in 2008:




The outcomes











Further developments of the technique, 2009:


This year, I'm carrying on experimenting with the technique, to find new kinds of outcomes.

Could I use the technique to print objects into the plastic?

A printed screw:

A printed bolt:

With the technique with sand and water, I can get some small cylinders. Could I use their solidity in a relevant product ?


http://www.batiproduitsmaison.com/bpm/files/ProduitPhoto/1489007566zoom.jpg

I try to make my own honeycomb sandwich...






New trials